Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cocojal Tender Coconut Water Review

Cocojal Tender Coconut Water
Drink Type: Non-alcoholic
Price: Rs. 25

Honestly speaking, I am not too big a fan of aerated drinks. Unless I had a lot of chinese food or a filling biryani. I wash it down with an aerated drink, preferably a thumbs up, coke or lemon soda, (in order of availability). It aids digestion and the burp after it confirms the process is complete.

I am always in hunt for natural packaged juices. As I go around the super market I usually sip on a Tropicana lychee or guava flavor, Amul rose lassi or Amul buttermilk. This time I picked a Cocojal bottle that looked very appealing.

The label displayed 100% Natural Coconut Water bragging with a call out  as "The first national award winner for the best consumer product". So, now the expectations graph in my mind was mercurial. I got to try this.

I placed it in my shopping trolley with the complimentary straw. After coming home, I placed it in the fridge as the label said 'best taste when it is chilled'. I thought of having it in an empty stomach just after I wake up as it boosts immunity and gives a clear complexion.

Next day, I brushed my teeth and kept the Cocojal bottle outside for a while to reach room temperature. I inserted the straw and took a long sip, and it was yummy, tasted the same as any tender coconut water only difference was that I was drinking from a bottle. After a few sips it was over, I wanted more. I was literally sucking air through the straw. Would the Somras described in the Immortals of Meluha will taste the same? Just a random thought ran through my mind.

For now, this drink will surely deserve a place of pride in my fridge. I am going to stock it up today, that means a stop over at the super market again. Well, let me see what new product I can pick up for review this time.


This taste is almost as the same price of the tender coconut water that you get on the streets. Also drinking it through the straws, provided by the vendors is so unhygienic as I have read somewhere that the straws are infested with cockroaches eggs especially black ones. But how would a full-grown cockroach crawl through such a narrow straw? Maybe its doing its job from outside. Still half of the time goes assessing the straws, and most of the time I see dust inside it as I close an eye and peep through the straws. When I drink without the straw, chances are that I always spill on my dress. The knife that they are using, is it clean? all kinds of thoughts starts running inside my head. It's good to have an alternative. You can argue that they use preservatives as you can never go by the labels. But who cares as long as the taste is good and hygienic.

Also, the taste was good because the date of packing was in the same month I drank, maybe the taste will suffer if it gets older. These bottles can be consumed within 9/18 months. But its good to pick a bottle that has been packaged or manufactured recently. My hyper thinking, maybe should taste one which is a little older, that will be for some other day.

2 comments:

  1. Cocojal supplies the worst ever coconut water, in fact it’s not even coconut water, just sweetened water, they should be ashamed of fooling their customers. Pathetic product.

    ReplyDelete